How SERVPRO handles commercial restoration
SERVPRO has the tools and expertise to handle a wide array of different issues that can arise in commercial buildings. We handle the following but not limited to
- Small Office Buildings
- Large Office/High-Rise Office Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Small Retail Stores
- Large Retail/Big-Box Stores
- High-Rise Residential
- Manufacturing & Industrial
In these instances we can handle water, fire and storm damage restoration. We can also deal with mold remediation and disaster recovery. Another service we can provide is expert deep cleaning and odor removal. We provide all of these services at 24/7 and are ready to respond to your needs.
Your commercial property’s appearance speaks volumes to your clients. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services, SERVPRO has the training and expertise to help make it “Like it never even happened.”
What makes SERVPRO stand out
SERVPRO are among an assortment of restoration companies working in the U.S, but what makes SERVPRO so much better than the rest? It all stems from our training and our customer focused mentality. Our techs have access to a huge array of e-learnings that allow the techs to access this information wherever they are. We also make every tech go through a thorough training course that gives them all the proper certificates needed to perform their jobs. We also require all techs to keep up to date with their training by our continuing education programs. Not only do our techs go through extensive training, but they are also taught the importance of customer satisfaction. They are taught that it is more than just a job and more of a relationship builder.
Asbestos in Buildings
Asbestos can be found in pretty much every building built before the 1980s. It was used in commercial buildings as fireproof material for steel beams and columns. It was also added to concrete, asphalt, wall boards, floor tiles and adhesives. Essentially, because of its strength and thermal insulation it was added to every aspect of a building. It was later found out that when broken apart, can cause serious health risk when a human was exposed to it. The EPA now requires all the buildings built before the 1980s be tested for asbestos and be removed from the property. Here at SERVPRO, we specialize in testing for asbestos and removing asbestos in a safe and timely matter. We make this process very smooth and swift and ensure the safety of those around.
Winter Holiday Fires
Even though it is cold outside, a fire can happen when you least expect it. Crowded areas tend to be the most dangerous. Take a look at these stats regarding fires so you can be on the lookout this holiday season.
- More than 1/3 of home fires are started by open flame candles
- Keep candles at least 8 inches away from anything that burns
- Before burning the candle, make sure to trim the wick down about 1/4 inches
- More than half home decoration fires in December are started by candles
- Be on the lookout for candles that have been recalled recently
Candles are a huge symbol for the holiday season, but pay close attention so that this huge symbol does not ruin the holiday sprit.
Monrovia Chamber Holiday Mixer
Huge Christmas Tree to honor the Chamber of Monrovia.
Taking place December 19th at the Courtyard Marriott, Monrovia Chamber held their holiday mixer and spark of love toy drive. SERVPRO of Monrovia attended the event and brought a Hello Kitty plush, a large Pez dispenser and a T-shirt to share with the community.
At the event, we met with several other members of the chamber including MartPlan Insurance, Century 21 Adams and Barns and Federal Credit Union. During the event, we helped spread the word of SERVPRO in the area and that we are ready to service. We went over some of the different ways SERVPRO can help the community and shared some past stories. It was a huge turnout and an amazing display of relationship building. SERVPRO of Monrovia will look forward to attending more mixers in the future.
When setting up your Christmas decorations it is important to keep these things in mind when it comes to the placement of the decorations and the surrounding area around them.
- Place the Christmas tree away from any heat source
- Pay attention to UL-listed indoor/outdoor Christmas lights
- Check that the decorations are still intact and that no damages have been done
- If there are any damages make sure to replace the decorations instead of leaving them in the area
- Don't overload sockets, no more than three light strands in a row
Make a checklist of these things to look at when setting up your decorations to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable Christmas atmosphere. Christmas can already be an expensive time, no need to make it more expensive.
Christmas Tree Hazards
Although Christmas tree fires are not common, when they do occur they can cause serious damage. Keep these things in mind when setting up your Christmas tree.
- One quarter of Christmas tree fires are caused by electrical problems-A heat source too close to the tree causes roughly one in every four of the fires-
- If not watered properly can cause dryness of the tree to catch on fire within minutes
- Be sure to spread out lights along tree and pay close attention to when the lights go out
Christmas Tree's are a staple for the holiday season, but don't let it ruin the holidays by staying vigilant and taking proper care of your tree. Think of the Christmas tree as a another member of the family.
Winter Strom Prep
As we dive deeper into the winter season, the temperatures are starting to drop to freezing and unbearable for anyone. Take these extra steps to ensure your home is ready for the winter temperatures.
- Consider storing heating fuel. Regular heating sources may get cut off, but be cautious when storing the fuel for fire hazards
- If you have a fire place, keep a strong supply of firewood or coal and make sure it is properly vented and kept clean
- Plug a heater directly into a wall socket and make sure the area is properly vented and refuel unit outside when it is cool
Create a checklist during this winter season to avoid any costly damages as the storms get stronger. It is better to be safe than sorry during the this time of the year.
Frozen over Pipes 12/18/19
Over 250,000 homes in the U.S. experience frozen over pipes during the cold season. Even in areas where it does not reach freezing point, can still suffer pipe damage.
- pipes freeze in conditions 20 degrees or lower
- letting faucets drip can help keep pipes from freezing over
- when the water is turned on and pipes are frozen the build up of pressure causes it to burst
- burst pipes can than take away from the warm water you receive and cause even more issues
- you suspect your pipes are frozen, it is important to turn off water
Be on the lookout for frozen pipes as the temperature drops deeper into the winter months. If not taken care of in the correct way, it can cause an assortment of issues not only to the pipes but to the property itself.
Smoke on furniture
When it comes to fire damage you need to consider the furniture you have in your home. Smoke can damage every corner and inch of a room. Materials to consider cleaning as soon as possible are :
Fiberglass & appliance exteriors
Curtains & Upholstery
Clothes & Bedding
Plastic & Porcelain
Porous surfaces (drywall, exposed wood, paint, wallpaper)
It's always a good idea to have us come out to prepare the cleaning estimate and begin the process. It's crucial to get these items cleaned, smoke particles get into crevices and cracks, and can make the damage worse. Heat can really damage furniture and only time can save them. The longer you wait, the more severe the damage will be. We can even clean them on site if you don't want any furniture removed.