Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
What do you picture when you think of mold? You might imagine old bread sitting in your basket with discoloration. Others might discover mold growing by a pool that is unkept. The most common type of mold ranking as the primary cause of allergic reactions is Alternia. Concentrations of Alternia are highest during the summer, when dry winds can carry spores indoors. Studies have found that up to 70 percent of people with mold allergies react to skin testing with Alternia.
The second most common type of mold is Aspergillus. Mold infestations in buildings are often found to be Aspergillus, as its spores are found in higher levels indoors than outdoors. Aspergillus is one of the types of mold classified as toxic mold, which is distinguished by production of mycotoxins that can cause serious health problems in humans and animals. Aspergillosis refers to a group of Aspergillus-related diseases that affect people with compromised immune systems or underlying lung disease.
Often times, mold grows in spaces the human eye cannot see such as under sinks, behind walls, and around pipes. SERVPRO of Monrovia is equipped with the proper equipment and procedures to address these situations. Dial 626 358 9200 for questions and services about mold remediation.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (626) 358-9200
Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy because removing all mold from a house or business is impossible; microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Monrovia and El Monte?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, with advance training in restoration techniques and the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mold remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (626) 358-9200
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Monrovia and El Monte is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Monrovia community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 2140 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We proudly serve Monrovia, CA, Duarte, CA, Temple City, CA, and surrounding areas.