Fire losses are always intimidating and can happen in many different ways. Appliances in our homes can cause fires. Recently, our team went out for an inspection of a fire loss. What happened was that the tenant’s dryer caught on fire and the fire damaged the walls and ceilings of the laundry room. The dryer most likely caught on fire because of clogged vents. The smoke from the fire went all over the house and covered the walls in soot. A small dryer fire turned the situation into a big fire loss. Work would have to be done all over the house to fix the damages from the fire as well as remove the soot and smoke smell from the walls. Before the fixes can be made, the team would have to remove all belongings from the home. This goes to show how home appliances such as dryers, toasters, or heaters can cause fires if not cleaned or maintained properly.