Winter Holiday Fires
Even though it is cold outside, a fire can happen when you least expect it. Crowded areas tend to be the most dangerous. Take a look at these stats regarding fires so you can be on the lookout this holiday season.
- More than 1/3 of home fires are started by open flame candles
- Keep candles at least 8 inches away from anything that burns
- Before burning the candle, make sure to trim the wick down about 1/4 inches
- More than half home decoration fires in December are started by candles
- Be on the lookout for candles that have been recalled recently
Candles are a huge symbol for the holiday season, but pay close attention so that this huge symbol does not ruin the holiday sprit.