Frozen over Pipes 12/18/19
Over 250,000 homes in the U.S. experience frozen over pipes during the cold season. Even in areas where it does not reach freezing point, can still suffer pipe damage.
- pipes freeze in conditions 20 degrees or lower
- letting faucets drip can help keep pipes from freezing over
- when the water is turned on and pipes are frozen the build up of pressure causes it to burst
- burst pipes can than take away from the warm water you receive and cause even more issues
- you suspect your pipes are frozen, it is important to turn off water
Be on the lookout for frozen pipes as the temperature drops deeper into the winter months. If not taken care of in the correct way, it can cause an assortment of issues not only to the pipes but to the property itself.