IICRC Certified Firm
We are an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Monrovia is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Monrovia
SERVPRO of Monrovia specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Earthquake Preparedness – Tips for the Homeowner
Making your Home earthquake ready can greatly reduce the risk of further damages caused by an earthquake such as fire and water damage. These preventative measures can mean saving huge amounts of money in repairs but more importantly the safety and protection of family, personal belongings and property.
Since most water and gas lines are rigid, they can be ripped from their connection points during an earthquake. The outcome could not only be serious damage to your property but also injury to you and others.
A common method to prevent broken water and gas lines is to have flexible connection pipes installed between appliances and their supply lines. The same technique can be used for other appliances, such as a water heater, clothes dryer, stove or gas furnace. Typically, a licensed contractor can perform this service without much difficulty.
Benefits of Using This Mitigation Strategy
- Helps to prevent tearing of water and gas lines from their connections
- Helps to prevent serious damage to a structure
- Helps to prevent explosions or fires
- Helps to prevent personal injuries
Keep these points in mind when you have flexible connections installed:
- It is important to know where your gas, power, and water line shut offs are located and how to turn them off. A gas leak could create an explosion which could cause more damage than the earthquake itself.
- Modifications to the plumbing and gas lines in your property must be done by a licensed contractor, who will ensure that the work is done properly and in compliance with all applicable codes. This is key for your safety.
- A flexible connection will help protect against a small amount of movement but is not designed to function when the appliance it is connected to moves extensively or falls. Consider anchoring the appliance to the floor or wall.
When a disaster strikes SERVPRO of Monrovia has the training, experience, and equipment to make it “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Monrovia is a 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of Monrovia provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in Monrovia.
SERVPRO of Monrovia is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today – 626-358-9200
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Monrovia has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Monrovia
SERVPRO of Monrovia specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
When Storms or Floods hit Monrovia, SERVPRO is ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in Los Angeles County
SERVPRO of Monrovia specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Monrovia, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams http://www.SERVPROmonrovia.com/disaster-recovery that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today (626)358-9200
Restoring Your Monrovia Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Commercial Water Damage Events Present Unique Challenges
Flooding and water damage events at Los Angeles County commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Monrovia
SERVPRO of Monrovia specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Here is a shot of some mold growth climbing up a stairwell. The mold extended across the hall into the laundry room and other areas.
SERVPRO® of Monrovia Professionals handle water damages every day and know prompt action is required to prevent mold growth. Mold is more likely to spread when moisture has been affecting an environment for a long period of time. If your property has sustained a recent water damage, it is vital to have water removed and the structure dried promptly.
If you have experienced an ongoing moisture problem in the building, it is important to be alert to the following factors:
- The presence of visible mold.
- Strong musty odors which may indicate mold is present.
- Any evidence of past moisture problems that might indicate previous mold growth.
- excessive humidity.
These conditions may require the expertise of a qualified Indoor Air Quality/Environmental professional to inspect the building for mold growth and water damage problems.
Help Has Arrived
The SERVPRO of Monrovia professional will arrive on-site alert for any visible signs of mold. In the event mold is found. a technician Monrovia, CAd you leave the affected area while the mold cleanup and associated containment process is being safely completed. You will also be asked to approve and sign a work authorization form prior to any mold cleanup or related work being performed.
Responding to Water Damage
This is a water damage job in Monrovia that migrated from the kitchen sink into the garage. A dry out was needed and done by SERVPRO of Monrovia.
When Water Damages Occur, the wrong response can cost you plenty.
Water damages in your home or workplace can be frustrating. The potential risk of handling the clean up yourself can be avoided by hiring SERVPRO of Monrovia. Our professional staff will respond quickly, with the right equipment to dry and help protect your property.
(These tips are for clean water situations only)Shut off the water source if possible, and if it can be done safely. Remove excess water by mopping and blottng.Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying. Do not put cushion covers in washing machine.Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under furniture legs.Hang furs and leather goods seperately at room temerature.Remove Oreintal or other colored rugs from wet capeting.Do not use a regular vacuum to remove water.Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of areas where ceilings are sagging from retained water.Do not leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpeting.
Hire SERVPRO Professionals for a Solution.
One out of every ten water incidents in a home is caused by a water heater or washing machine. If preventive maintenance has been overlooked, Call SERVPRO of Monrovia professionals to begin the cleanup and restoration process.
Trained in the cleanup and restoration of your property, SERVPRO professionals utilize the knowledge and experience of 38 years of business to properly clean up damage caused by a leaking water heater or washing machine.
Water Heater Maintenance Tips
- Before doing any maintenance on your water heater, shut off the power at the service panel.
- Once every three months, drain one gallon of water from the tank. If you have hard water, do this every month to reduce sediment collecting in the bottom of the tank.
- Once every two years, have your water heater inspected by a service technician.
- Once every five years, have a service technician replace the anode rod.
Working to make it "Like it never even happened"
What You Can Do Until Help Arrives
- LIMIT MOVEMENT IN THE FACILITY TO PREVENT SOOT PARTICLES FROM SPREADING AND ADDITIONAL DAMAGE FROM OCCURRING.
- PLACE CLEAN TOWELS OR OLD LINENS ON RUGS AND HIGH TRAFFIC AREAS.
- COAT CHROME FAUCETS, TRIM AND APPLIANCES WITH PETROKEUM JELLY OR OIL.
- PLACE ALUMINUM FOIL OR WOOD BLOCKS BETWEEN FURNITURE LEGS AND WET CARPET.
- WASH ANY WALLS OR PAINTED SURFACES.
- SHAMPOO CARPET OR UPHOLSTERY.
- CLEAN ANY ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT.
- SEND CLOTHING TO DRY CLEANER SINCE IMPROPER CLEANING MAY SET SMOKE ODOR.
Water Damage Response Tips for Property Owners
When Water Damages Occur, the wrong response can cost you plenty.
Water damages in your home or workplace can be frustrating. The potential risk of handling the clean up yourself can be avoided by hiring SERVPRO of Monrovia. Our professional staff will respond quickly, with the right equipmentto dry and help protect your property.
(These tips are for clean water situations only)
- Shut off the water source if possible, and if it can be done safely.
- Remove excess water by mopping and blottng.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying. Do not put cushion covers in washing machine.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under furniture legs.
- Hang furs and leather goods seperately at room temerature.
- Remove Oreintal or other colored rugs from wet capeting.
- Do not use a regular vacuum to remove water.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of areas where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Do not leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpeting.
Componets of Proper Water Damage Restoration
- Fast Action
- Thorough Drying
Even small water damages have the potential to cause serious structeral and indoor air quality issues over time. The key to avoiding costly future restoration is to handle every water problem as a real threat to your property. If you have any questions or need help to ensure your property is drying properly, contact SERVPRO of Monrovia. 626-358-9200